University of Brighton Freshers Week 2020
The start of the new student year is just round the corner, and as part of freshers week we're running FREE 30 minute taster sessions!
Join us on:
- Monday, 5th October: Between 20:00 - 22:00 at Studio 2, UoB Falmer Sports Centre, Falmer Campus
- Friday, 9th October: Between 20:00 - 22:00 at Studio 2, UoB Falmer Sports Centre, Falmer Campus
Book your place
Due to restrictions on the number of people we can have training at one time, please book into the session you wish to attend using the calendar below.
Class lengths may be adjusted depending on interest levels, if we need to make adjustments, this will be communicated to you by email.
No previous martial arts experience required! There will be many others trying karate for the first time. Don't have a gi? Turn up in sports clothing.
Hope to see you there!
Book your taster session
Important information regarding COVID-19
Following advice from the Government and the KUGB, Seishin has implemented safety precautions following the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19. Your safety, current and new students, is at the centre of what we do because without you the club would not be what it is today. Therefore, we have set out some precautionary measures of what to expect when coming to the Dojo.
- If you are feeling unwell, you must not attend training. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 you must arrange a test and isolate.
- There will be temperature checks on arrival. Hand sanitiser will be available and must be used before and after training.
- The Dojo will be ventilated for safety. There will be an online booking system to ensure the number of students training are safe for the space available.
- The changing rooms will be shut, so please arrive in your gi and indoor trainers. For new students, please wear comfortable sportswear.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask whilst arriving for training, you will be told when you can remove them. Please follow the University of Brighton guidelines while on campus.
- All training will be socially distanced, participants must avoid shouts/kiais.
- We will be taking a register with contact details to assist the Government’s track and trace.
Whilst these precautions might appear unsettling, the club are implanting them so everyone can enjoy training whilst feeling safe. Seishin will continue to strive for excellence, with your safety being a top priority.
If you have any questions please get in contact firstname.lastname@example.org